Sunday, May 8, 2011

I have to start with the beginning here to finish this up because it is way to complicated to go backwards when I am stopping and starting. So here is the deal. It is Mothers day week and the girls and I like to go somewhere but the challenge this year was that Adrienne only had Wed and Thursday off and did not get off until 9:30 pm on Tuesday so it seemed like a lot of work to go to  Fairbanks. The other part  is that we would have Rainey with us this year since it was during the week. Hmmmm what to do.. again ran into the problem of most everything touristy not opening until May 15th and I was still finishing up my 40 days on HCG so a ton of eating and enjoying fun libations was out and so was massage and swimming.. which pretty much left Alyeska out for me.. and finally I thought.. wow.. lets go camping. I have always wanted to rent a motor home and go camping and so that is what we did.. I called on Tuesday morning and they said they had one and so Renae and I piled in the car to go get the camper.. 50 miles to Anchorage.. and then 50 miles back to the valley.. then shopping and packing and organizing and putting stuff in the camper. We had to wait until 9:30 pm to leave. I had this great idea we would make it to Seward that night.. Ha, ha, ha, ha ha ... we made it to Beluga point. These pictures.. the first three are from Beluga point on Wed morning. The camper has to go slower than a car.. it wiggles and wobbles.. it is a huge pain in the ass and that was just the first hour.. :) so we all go to bed at midnight.. well.. brilliant me did not think about the fact that semi trucks would be going by all night long.. :) and I had no idea about how much propane we had so we did not  have the heat on and froze.. finally renae got up at 5 am and said I am freezing and this sucks.. which was true so we loaded up at 5am and headed to Seward.. but now it had changed to Kenai (Soldotna) because I had forgotten my phone charger and needed to get to a Fred Meyers to buy one.. it was cold, it was snowing and we had to wait at Girdwood for the store to open to get coffee.. I will stop there and continue the story later.. believe me.. it was eventful..

No comments: